TG Design Studio LLC Wassaic, NY 12/02 – present
Anne Klein Footwear
New York, NY
Design, Merchandising and Fit Consultant September 2015 - Present
- Design/Sketch, Create new Brand appropriate ornamentation, Proto & Fit correction.
- Work closely with Design Director on merchandising the line to maintain longevity of core styles while introducing new trends and silhouettes.
Nashville, TN A branded and private label wholesaler of women’s shoes in partnership with Stella Group Int’l, offices in TN and China.
Product Development and Design February 2009 - February 2015
- Initiate partnerships between Graves Imports and branded businesses.
- Trend forecast and line presentation to clients, buyers and sales team.
-Design Director of Caressa, collaborated on all aspects of brand development. Worked directly with Stella Int’l on design, construction, new materials, correction and fit.
New York, NY A branded and private label wholesaler of women and children’s footwear, with offices in NY and China.
Design Director - Kensie, XOXO, and Mid-Tier April 2012 - January 2013
- Managed and directed all aspects of product development for three branded lines, successfully collaborating and communicating with sales team, licensors and buyers.
- Supervised and mentored team of designers, encouraging creativity and emphasizing the importance of balancing and merchandising a line.
- Professional trend and product presentations to buyers at trade shows and appointments.
Product Development and Design September 2007 – April 2011
- Design and merchandising for in house brands Worthington, A.N.A. and Bisou Bisou; collaborated with RTW designer Nicole Miller for private label brand N by Nicole Miller, implementing signature hardware and prints to maintain brand integrity.
- Successfully collaborated with a wide range of Chinese factories, leading strong teams in each office with a focus on delivering quality product.
- Comprehensive trend and line presentations to JCP corporate team.
Oriental Max Trading
Donguan, China A recognized leader in the industry shipping over 17 million pairs annually for both first cost / private label customers and a stable of well renowned in-house brands.
- Facilitated client-licensing agreement between OMT and RTW designer Tracy Reese NY, including the “Plenty” brand.
Jones Apparel Group New York, NY
Vice President of Product Development and Design August 2004 – May 2007
- Lead product creation efforts to deliver a 100% increase in branded sales, grew revenue from $20 Million to $40 Million in two years.
- Effectively managed product staff for design and fit in both US and China offices resulting in proven success for the brand and the corporate growth paths for direct reports.
- Supervised market trend research and design; directed line building, development and sample production
- Attended appearances at multiple Nordstrom retail locations across the U.S. for the purpose of promoting design excellence and gathering retail and customer impressions.
- Consulted on and designed product showcasing for NY showroom and trade shows
The Jimlar Corporation
Great Neck, NY
Designer / Line Builder Frye Boot Company December 2000 – December 2002
- Market/trend research, product design, development and merchandising for Frye Men’s, women & children’s footwear.
- Design and coordinate signature branding, materials and hardware with handbag and belt licensee.
- Extensive experience working with hand lasted, good-year welt construction factories in U.S. and Mexico.
- Coordinated product development, correction and fit from U.S., Mexico and Taiwan.
Designer / Line Builder Coach Footwear September 1998 – December 2000
- Market/trend research, product design, development and merchandising for men and women’s fashion footwear produced in Italy.
- Liaised with Coach Creative Director to initiate and optimize creative inspiration and maintain brand integrity.
- Close working relationships with several tanneries developing the newest finishes while remaining cost effective.
Nine West Group
New York, NY & Stamford, CT
Senior Designer / Line Builder Bandolino, Pappagallo and Evan Picone July 1990 – March 1998
- First hand experience working with a broad range of factories throughout Italy, Spain, Brazil, Taiwan and China.
- Managed and directed market/trend research, design, development and merchandising.
- Successful in creating and maintaining key volume basics that drove businesses for several seasons.
- Strategic collaboration with sales teams and key accounts to increase growth with unique, relevant product.
- Trend and line presentations to sales team and accounts.
Independent Designer and Import Agent
Greenwich, CT. January 1988 – July 1990
- Product design, development and merchandising at Italian based factories Cleo Bottier and Paoletti for U.S. and European markets, including private label for Bergdorf Goodman.
- Sourced and developed footwear presented at fashion shows and sold in New York store for designer Norma Kamali.
Milan, Italy September 1984 – January 1988
- Freelance designer based in Italy, developed product lines for U.S. and European markets
- Collaborated with quality Italian shoe manufacturers Diego Della Valle (Tods), Fendi, Casadei and Maud Frizon
Maud Frizon Factory Fosso, Italy May 1983 – September 1984
- Learned all aspects of shoemaking, from pattern making & cutting to lasting & finishing.
- Collaborated with designers Claude Montana and Azzedine Alaia to produce shoes for fashion shows
- Developed fluency in Italian
Seven Star Shoes New York, NY (division of Nina Footwear) Sept 1981 – May 1983
- Assistant designer
- Sample room manager